Tuesday 15 August 2017

31st July

Ninewells Wood, Cleddon


I never expect much from this wood but am pleasantly surprised what turns up on occasion.
I had 36 species this evening which ain't too bad really considering.
A few micros but Macro's were order of the evening including notable Black Arches, Clay Triple-lines, Scallop Shell, Satin Lutestring, Scarce Footman, Oak Nycteoline and this nice surprise Welsh Wave.
Another new addition to the collection I thought the Welsh Wave, but looking back it appears I turned it up at Cleddon Bog in 2015 relatively close by.
Cleddon Bog was on of my first field trips away from the comfortable routine of my back garden, and it proved to be both exciting and daunting at the same time, but ultimately successful as it got me hooked.

Welsh Wave

One of the most notable features to look out for is the two blackish spikes on the central cross-band, the other Martin Anthony points out is the familiar V-shaped posture when at rest to separate from Waved Carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.